View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 11:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
EaglesNest

Don't know where to start?

Never thought I would be looking for help but here I am. guess you all have heard that before...

I have been reading the internet about my problem and found this site. Now I am overwhelmed about how to start. guess you've heard that before too...

My problem started with back pain from an auto accident, now three surgeries and 16 years later I still have back pain and found another herniated disk. The real problem began 2 years ago when a doctor prescribed Oxycodone and Oxcycontin. Wow I thought now I can go back to life! What a first year it was. But you probably knew that huh?

Well the second half of year two was not as great as I started to realize this is not a great life and I am addicted! Can't even get a nights sleep without waking up in the middle for a pill...

So I tried to stop the Oxy spiral of doom, to late, wow I have never felt so bad in all my life so instead I tried the weening process... it didn't work either... as the title says I don't know where to start... I am lost... really lost... if I stop taking Oxy I die mentally and I still have the back pain but I don't know which is worst at that point.

So where do I start? What should I do?

I think if I could get through withdrawals I would be able to live life again.

I know I have left a lot out but from reading here I think you all know most of the story and I need help and guidance.

I guess my real question is if I try to get off the Oxys will I survive or does the deep dark depression go one forever? the most I have ever been without since the beginning was two weeks and most of that was horrible, I thought it was supposed to get better after 5 days? Does anyone ever survive and live life again? Or should I just keep taking more till I die?

I am lost!