Thread: Please help.
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 01:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
sesh

Sorry you're feeling this way. We understand, we all have been there.
There is no easy way out of it, I'm afraid. It can get better for you, but only if you make it better. And to do that you have to educate yourself on the disease of alcoholism, learn what you're really dealing with.
Your husband's behaviour is a text book. He is an alcoholic, also he knows it, aslo he is ashamed of it, aslo he doesn't feel he can change that at this moment (or ever) thus all the lies and sneaking. As if he was to be honest with you, he'd have to do something about it, and he can't, yet or ever. It is a vicious circle for both of you. One can't make the other get out of it. One can only do it for him/herself.
Hard, I know. maybe this is too much info for you at this point. I remember when I first joined SR and read post similar to mine now, I dind't get any of it. I thought: Yes, I guess that is true, but what do I do to make him stop, to make him see, if I could only find that thing everything would be great... It took me years to realize it doesn't work that way and to finally be able to hear what these beautiful people here were trying to tell me.
Stick around and keep reading, even when you don't feel like it, even when you disagree, even when you get defensive with the things we say to you (especially than), just stick around and read. SR has saved my life, I hope it will do the same thing for you.
I wish you well