View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 12:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
sesh

Congrats on your baby!!!
It is great you're decided to join Al Anon. Aslo, I recomend you read here as much as you can, especially the threads in stickies section of the forum, there is so much wisdom there.
Road of recovery is hard, it takes a lot of opening up, and a lot of abandoning of your old beliefs and paradigms, facing your fears, reaxamining your hopes, but it is a well worth it.
When I gave birth to my second child, my son, I was a mess because of my husband's alcoholism. i stayed a mess for years. I know now that this has affected my son more than his dad's drinking. That is the very thing I fing the hardest to forgive myself for. Your kids and your own well being are your priority, the only things you can control.
As for your AH, he'll start his recovery only when and if he is ready. Nothing you can do about that, (or maybe there is: if you stop enabling you can maybe push him a bit closer to it). Enjoy your precious kids and your own life, as it is too short to be lived in constant pain because of someone else's choices.
Take care