Old 10-15-2010, 02:31 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Ananda

mcrib..not to be contrary..well ok i am...

anything CAN be turned into a postive...and i'm not saying we shouldn't look for a way to make the best of things...but...

sobriety is about learning to live with "it is what it is" no need to sugar coat it...lives sometimes suck...people die, get sick...sure...we can look on the bright side...

for me i find it more honest for myself (not others) to admit that something really does suck...and over time remember that what ever it is that hurts has some good stuff that lead to the pain.

Sorry..but i'm really struggling with a lot of things in sobriety right now...and part of my truth is ... painful and bad things happen. Fault doesn't matter...it is what it is...would i give up the good that lead to the horrible feeling of the moment.

Anytime i am hurt or feel pain..i have lost something that matters deeply to me. I have a choice..to stop putting myself in that position by not allowing myself to fully engage in life...or to fully engage and accept the negative feelings and results as part of life.

To stay in a "centered" place where we are not effected..means to give up the very joy we seek...embrace life as it is...

for me to say well..it really is a positive cause... is just self deception...

I don't know .. we are probably on the same page just expressing it differently which is good cause what one person can hear from you another person may hear from me...good thing there are so many voices in the owrld for us to relate to