Old 10-14-2010, 11:26 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
JenT1968

Originally Posted by Live View Post
I used to hole up for 2 days a month due to PMS and cramps....I never once thought that made me undesirable for a relationship...and am glad others didn't either.

Not to sidetrack...but some of the responses really surprise me!

And I do have depression and do sometimes go to my "cave"
I need alot of time to myself
I will never be 100% available to someone else 100% of the time nor do I expect anyone else to be???

am I that strange?
((Live))

I wouldn't want someone to be available 24/7, doesn't make anyone who does want that wrong. I have depression, doesn't make anyone who doesn't want to live with that wrong either, or who would find me retreating to my cave difficult to deal with or emotionally fulfilling wrong. There are few/no (?) universal constants in relationships, there are people for whom 2 days every month with a spouse being ill, in pain, unable to fully contributute to family life, would be more than they could bear.

I for example would have no truck with a relationship with someone who was training to be an elite athlete, all that "my body is a temple" nonsense, restrictive diets, punishing regimes, global travel, fame etc, I think it unlikely knowing myself that I would want to share in that world, many people would just LOVE that.

OP gets to decides what works for her. but it's best to pick someone who already delivers whatever it is you want, rather than try and change the goods on offer.