Old 10-14-2010, 11:04 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
phineas

Like everyone else here, after being and ending a relationship with an alcoholic, i would say run away while you still can.

HOWEVER, knowing myself, if I had come here a month into my relationship with my XAGF, posted all the red flags and warning signs I saw, I'm sure everyone would have said to run away as well. I"m also 99% sure I would have ignored all the warnings and continued with the relationship anyway.
If I knew then what I know now, I think I would have continued anyway, because I did have good times with her, and that experience now part of my life.
No one here knows you and no one knows your boyfriend. Every case is different and not all alcoholics are the same. Many people here, including myself, have suffered due to a relationship with an alcoholic, and having gone through that, can advise other people to stay away from similar situations, but the final decision is yours. If you do decide to stay, be prepared for a lot of heartache. Or as the saying goes: expect the worst and hope for the best.

Good luck!