Old 10-14-2010, 10:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Zappy

I know that she would be better off is a sober living home. I know that she should be supervised with her children right now. I know that I'm taking a huge chance by letting her come into my home. I know that she is likely to relapse. I know that despite me being a therapist, I'm the last person that can actually help her. I know that she should have to deal with the consequences of her actions. I know that her husband who isn't the greatest father and wasn't that great of a husband has been through a lot and dealt with her for a long time. I know that I need to be an advocate for her children who I love as much as my own son.

Having said that all that though, I'm letting her move in at least temporarily if she isn't allowed to go back into her home.

Does anyone have suggestions that I should require of her other that what I originally mentioned? I appreciate all the advice I was given, and even though I agree with everything that was said, I'm not in that place right now to not let her come and live with me. I'm sure it's going to be awful. I have never lived with an addict before and the last time we lived together was in our Mom's house before she went to college.