Old 10-14-2010, 09:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Still Waters
Being Silent so I can Hear

Originally Posted by Zappy View Post
Her divorce attorney told her specifically not to go into a sober living facility. That once she goes into one she will pretty much lose any chance of having anything other than supervised parenting time with her kids.

I'm so confused. I love her, and don't want to see her out on the streets. I'm hoping this will be a temporary living situation because her husband will have to pay for her to get an apartment after the court action gets started (papers were filed while she was in rehab. She has been a stay at home Mom for 17 years).
It is confusing, definitely. But look, your focus should really be on what's best for the children. Actually, your focus should be on YOU, but I totally understand where you're coming from.

You see, she isn't capable of being a responsible parent right now. And she likely won't be for a while. So, by trying to make her look like she is to the courts, you could potentially put her children in a bad situation. Her visits with the kids NEED to be supervised.

If her husband (I bet that poor man is totally fed up) has to pay support, then he can pay her monthly rent at the sober house.