Old 10-13-2010, 02:02 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Kaaawa

I just lost my first attempt to post and will try a quick reconstruction. To all of you who replied, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I really appreciate it!

I'm considering running.

I like this man very much, we have many of the same interests, and there are some plusses that I didn't mention before. For example, he has worked for the same employer for decades, and has an excellent job. Although I wasn't looking for this, he is very comfortable financially, lives in a peaceful and lovely place, and has taken me to performing arts events that I was happy enough not attending but have really enjoyed with him.

On the down side, he's been married twice and divorced twice. That's not unusual, although combined with the red flags I am noting it. (I've been divorced once and widowed once.)

Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
I bet in the near future he goes off grid for a few days and offers you the explanation that he was depressed.
He may already be off grid. It's a short week due to the holiday, so we'll see.

To respond to Belina (sorry, I don't know how to use your quote system yet w/o losing my message in process): You asked how the subject came up to begin with. I told him about about a (minor) health problem of mine, and he responded with the story that I've already told you.

Several commented on his "addictive" personailty comment. I'm concerned about sexual addiction, among other things, and what sort of behavior a person with that would display. I told him I was going to go slowly. He didn't react quite the same way that others have in this situation ... another whole story ... it's just a case of my having a hunch that something wasn't quite right, since it fell way short of being abusive.

I agree with all who pointed out that his checking out for a few days of sleep would be awful for me.

Sigh. Feeling I'm among friends here is making all the difference in the world.