View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 07:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
NeedHappiness

Thank you for all the sympathy wishes and for your support and concern. My mom was my best friend my whole adult life and its hard to believe she is gone! She was in the mid-to-late stages of Alzheimers and our family has watched her health and mind decline drastically over the past several years. We began missing our mom several years ago, but she is now at peace and in a much better place.
As odd as it may sound to some, I feel that Mom has sent me an extra boost of strength to deal with the alcoholic in my life. I feel strong right now and hope that it lasts.

Can anyone tell me if I will EVER get over this hatred for alcohol? I have seen it take over people, kill people and ruin families and lives. When I see or hear of people going out to get drunk, talking about what they want to drink over the weekend, or even when I see commercials on TV, it literally turns my stomach!!!!! I used to enjoy a few beers or a cocktail once in awhile, but now I can barely stomach the thought of it!
I guess my subconscience relates alcohol = pain, suffering, turbulance...etc. Anyone else have this attitude after dealing with alcoholism???

Thanks again for listening and for everyone's thoughts and prayers.