Old 10-12-2010, 10:11 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Thanks, LaFemme. Just a stressful day, I guess. Interview, work, a midterm exam worth 40% of my grade, my thesis adviser is in the hospital and earlier today I guess it was sorta iffy whether he might be ok but he seems to be doing better now, and to top it off one of my friends has sort of mysteriously vanished. He was supposedly clean and sober for a while, but I know he's at least been drinking again. Now he's not answering phone calls, not returning emails, f@cebook messages, texts, etc, for about a week which is unusual for him. Judging from his girlfriend's FB nothing too serious has happened, and I just talked to his sister and she didn't even mention him at all. I don't want to ask because I don't know what the situation is. Maybe he's just busy, but I worry about him. I know when he drinks he's likely to use drugs, but his girlfriend doesn't seem to realize it, she believes all his lies (I tried to tell her once. Predictably that was a mistake. I'm the bad guy now). So I'm in a precarious position of knowing he does drugs but not being able to tell anyone in his family because it will backfire on me anyway.

So.. yeah. Stressed out.

I won't drink or drug today because it won't make the stress go away, it will just make it worse.