View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 05:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
acdirito

I really do appreciate your responses. I have realized my problems weren't helping me to recuberate. I've had to go into therapy to try to lessen some of my anger. I have so much anger and resentment to work through. I have another appointment with my therapist tomorrow. I want to concretate on myself, at least for the moment. It just wouldn't be a good time right now to begin family therapy. I trust my therapist and have known him off and on for over twenty years. He agrees with me that I need to have this counseling just for myself. I, also, trust him that when and if it's time to include my family in my counseling he will let me know. My therapist has made me aware that I am a codependent and am as addicted to my husband as he is addicted. After 40 years of marriage I know my DDH has a lot of baggage to work through on his own. He is, also, my son's father and my grandson's grandfather. I have taken an inventory of my life and how I managed to get into this situation. I now am able to see where I became my husband's crutch and never really made him to account for his responsibilites and life. He was the only person who could work the 12 steps for himself. I just wish my eyes could have been opened a lot sooner in my life. My life wasn't supposed to end up like this. I had planned on going into my senior years based upon the "Golden Girls".