View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 03:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
justjo
Sunny Side Up

Hi Zappy
I went through this with my sister aswell. I was even ready to give my job up to 'help' her get well. I didnt but this is how much I was involved in her addiction with alcohol. Her problems became mine and the phone rang all the time (but only when she was intoxicated) and we would go through all the same stuff over and over. She wouldnt even remember that she had talked to me an hour before.
She went into live in rehabs 15 times and each time she was scared, alone and in a terrible state. It made me feel sick and hopelessly afraid for her.
I did eventually distance myself from her and did start thinking of myself and my own family. It had become a mess and her life was interfering with ours so much that I was unhappy all the time.
I would suggest that you keep posting here and you will learn and see how to bring yourself back together. I feel for you so much, the pain and sadness of seeing someone we love hurt themselves like this, is terrible and it is hard to let go. With my sister I drove her to rehab, the hospitals etc etc but in the end I had to let go of all the rest (the addiction) because it was affecting my soul too much.
I wish you all the best.
JJ