Thread: Here we go...
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 07:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
coyote21
Awakening

Originally Posted by TeM View Post
Still Waters, sorry for your loss. This seems to be a common theme that I read and hear about. AW's family apparently has no idea that she's an alcoholic, even though her mother has seen her drunk. I rarely talk to members of her family without AW present, but I've warned her that I won't lie for her any more. If they ask me what happened, I will tell them.

It's a very sad sickness.
It's a safe bet that they don't want to know.

I don't have any family left, and when the wheels fell off the "alcohol wagon", my natural instinct was to turn to axw's family for some help and support.

The old saying, blood is thicker than water comes to mind. I was definitely "the odd man out." Axw's family is highly dysfunctional, lots of bad childhood stuff, alcoholism, drug abuse. Seems pretty common in retrospect.

Turning to them with axw's problem was like throwing Miracle Grow on their own problems. They circled the wagons to protect their own, and have never looked back.

As big a PITA as xmil is, I kind of feel sorry for her, I know watching her only daughter die is hard. But she was sentenced to Alanon just like I was, but it "wasn't for her." Nothing I can do about that.

Sounds like a hard life for you, either way you slice it.

Hope you figure out a way to get some relief for yourself. Hang in there. Glad your daughter is nearly grown, one less variable, sort of.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote