Old 10-11-2010, 07:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
somethingsimple

I feel like I overreacted! Advice please?

When I recently found out that my fiance has been using drugs, of course I was devastated but we still had the obvious question and answer session. He told me his use (opiates) was limited to twice a month up to once a week. Of course I didn't believe him so I asked him to submit to a hair drug test (to give a 90 day history) that I sent away and just got the results back today. I was expecting him to have under-estimated the frequency but the results came back all negative. After a lot of back and forth with the company, apparently his use was too low or infrequent to register with the lab analysis.

Now I'm wondering if I overreacted asking him to move out and even asking for his keys so he couldn't get in when I'm not here. I feel like I've been unnecessarily mean to him! Am I crazy?

He's been telling me from the beginning that he suspected I thought he was a lot worse off than he actually is, but how was I supposed to know? He does say that he knows he's deserving everything that's happening to him now (with our relationship, his job on the line, living back with parents, etc) and I want to follow through on the things I've told him.

The main thing is I'm feeling SO much more hopeful about him and about us, and I feel like getting back together and trying to make things work out again. Am I being naive? Did I overreact? What if I let him come home?