View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 07:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
freetolive

Am I being manipulated?

I had gone NC for about a month - yesterday we had to get together to sort out some financial and domestic issues related to our split. It was friendly - no animosity on my part, none on his. I asked him if he was drinking and he said no, had a glass on wine Friday night but he has no booze in the house. He complained that his sister got drunk at his mother's memorial - the pot calling the kettle black here - I just ignored it - his sister is my BFF so I know she is not an A.

Afterwards he came up to my condo to pick up a table I needed taken to goodwill. All the time he was here he was pacing, seemed nervous. Talked about work, chatted about our dogs - general stuff - but I had the feeling he didn't listen to anything I was saying because he was just pacing around.

Today he called and starting talking about how he has to dole out large sums of money for strata repairs, his asthma is starting up again, I felt like I was being manipulated into cancelling his support payments but I didn't bite.

But I was angry when I got off the phone.

Would the pacing and nervousness be symptoms of his withdrawal? Just wondering as it was quite strange to see him that way.