View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 12:16 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
acdirito

Based on my lifetime experiences trying to deal with an alcholic husband or wife is the same as having to deal with another BIG SPOILED BRAT in the house. There is part of an alcholic that just never grew up. They can make us feel like we need to "walk on egg shells," "damned if we do, damned if we don't";or watch every move or word since we don't want to incite an angry exchange. I have reached my breaking point with my dry drunk husband and all the BS that goes along with him. When I compare my 35 year old son with my DDH my son wins hands down in the maturity department. Remember it is better to build children than repair alcholics, and for every action there is a reaction! My son and I had to take a weekend away from my house so I could get away from all the crazys and get my head cleaned out. Sometimes just living with the crazys makes a codependent's mind become foggy. I, too, used to feel so alone and helpless in my current situation. Before I started suffering from my health conditions I was a very active person. However, now I have had my driving privileges taken away and I have immobility issues. The other day I did an internet search on dry drunk and found this site. It was a Heaven's send!