View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 10:05 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
chicory

Ah HA!! But he DOES have somewhere to go!! He can go to his father's...as long a he abides by the rules! You are NOT his only option after all!
yeah, the took back the offer when I begged them to let him come. step-mother said" over her dead body, would she let him come there. she says she is "protecting" his dad. baloney- I asked her what if son had no where and he was mentally ill and could not function at all, would she help or just let him rot in the streets? she just said "whatever".
she always made trouble for my kids.

not that she is in any way responsible for my son.

How badly do you want your serenity? I think you want it very badly. I think you want it more than anything.
Oh, I want it soooo badly. I do not love myself more than my son, and i would die today if it promised him a happy life. but that is not an option here. i either jump or go down with the ship. I wish i could remember a little tale about someone who would not climb into the life boat-

thanks all,
i am just feeling very uneasy. it is so weird to admit that my son may just never be ok, and I have to let go, in order to see if he will be ok.

he might be ok, and i am keeping him from learning to do it. but at 38 isnt it hopeless?
i know that is wrong to say, but he has quite a system of denial in place, and it is a fortress.and Keepinon, you are so right- he is choosing , and he is probably calling my bluff really. he will probably toss me a shred of hope if he sees that he has to go.

has anyone here actually set their adult child out of the house, with no car, no friends, no money, no where to go, and just locked the door? did that ever happen to anyone here. did you just watch them walk away, or did they camp on the lawn until neighbors complained?

he literally has no one- not one person will answer a call from him. they know he would just want to mooch their pot. he once told me that if he had pot for his nerves, he would never want to drink. he says he has anxiety and nerves that bother him terribly.
he always did pace the floor as a teenager. he bit his nails, was so restless he would not sit and have a visit for long. he found relief on games online and chats with friends.
he has not learned to fit intothe world. he is a geek, very smart about a lot of things. and able to come up with excuses for everything, in a flash.

it is funny, but he hates the "red-neck "mentality of our town. we are not from here, and he says there is no one to be friends with. he feels so very much smarter and more caring and informed. he has spent most of his life on the computer, easily most of it.

hugs, and sorry this is a volume again.
i will try to keep it about my recovery,

hugs
chicory