View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 06:04 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
chicory

thank you Keepinon.
I hope that I can get the courage and strength to do what is right for him. it is hard as you know, to put them out, with no where to go. no friends, no money, no license, a car that has expired plates. no friends who will even return his calls. there is one shelter here in town, and i guess he would go there before he would sleep in the alley.
for someone with the fears i have, this is so very hard, but yes, it breaks my heart that he has nothing to feel like he is accomplishing. i have detached from doing other things for him. like making appts. and calls, and giving advice.
it is so hard. but like someone said, gotta be cruel to be kind. I dont know where i am gonna get the strength.
i dont expect him to change. not with the help i have given, or anything i can do.
i dont even expect it to work out if he does get a job. he will probably drink again, and abuse it, and call off and lose his job again. i feel that will be the reality. i am giving him the chance to save money to get his own place. i guess i will know pretty soon if he is gonna do that.

hugs