Old 10-08-2010, 05:08 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
acdirito

As I read this thread I noticed you didn't mention any children. Just be thankful that you decided to leave your alcoholic boyfriend before there were any children in the situation. So many of us codependents have had children which complicated our decisions to leave. You are 25 years old, single and free, and have the whole world before you. Take inventory of yourself, figure out who you really are, what you want from your life, and get busy and go for it! It's not going to be easy, but the bumps in the road are only there to make sure we are on the right path. I graduated from college when I was 32 years old, and graduated SumaCumLaude while raising two middle age children. If we want something bad enough we can achieve it! You need to know that women need not be the victim of our environment any longer! Work each step of a program for codependents until you no longer need a man in your life. When you no longer need a man in your life, then start looking for a man that you want! Trust in your Higher Power! And enjoy your life's journey!