Old 10-07-2010, 05:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

Originally Posted by boskerbear View Post
Over the year i have gotten used to those texts, he's just looking for sympathy and pity. He's not getting it from me today!
Good for you! It took me a while, but it was lot easier for me to let go of the pity-party invitations than the worry. Honestly, I think my sympathy-for-STBXAH capability broke when he lied for months about having cancer.

I still catch myself worrying or awfulizing, but it's not my job to protect STBXAH from himself; it never was. My latest round of worry has been: STBXAH apparently just started working for a tree service company as one of their field guys. Now if that's not a great combination: an A climbing trees with a chainsaw. (Especially when he'd made it a habit of showing up drunk to at least one of the jobs he'd had earlier this year.)

If his new boss isn't smart or safety-conscious enough to check STBXAH's work history, well, that's not my job to worry about either.

If I may ask: Why his boss is bugging you about ABF's no-shows? Seems a bit inappropriate - and his text seems a bit passive-aggressive, IMO. If you tell him that you now live 5 hours away, will the boss stop calling or texting you about ABF?

Originally Posted by boskerbear View Post
It's just been a stressful day, especially since I went thru my list of pals on my phone and noticed i'm the only single person out of them all Thats hard to take, just cause i cant deal with lovey dovey stuff very well at the moment, makes me cry
Yep, yep. I know that feeling too. Hang in there - Hope you have a great evening with your friends on Friday.