View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 02:28 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
naive

hi codeflayer-

perhaps time to stop enabling her?

did you know that it takes one hour per unit of alcohol to be able to drive without being under the influence? if your wife is drinking into the wee hours of the morning, there is quite a good chance that she is still over the legal limit whilst driving you to work, or your children to school.

one hour per unit. for example, if she drinks a bottle of wine per night, that is about 8 units of alcohol (someone come forward with the actual number please) and that would take about 8 hours to wear off.

what i'm trying to communicate to you is i'm wondering if she is sober enough to pass a breathalizer in the morning when she drives you and your precious children around.

i am sure it would not be popular with her, but it would be best that you take steps to cease her flow of alcohol on your paycheck.

grown up, mature people seek help regarding issues that are troubling them, i.e. your ex-wife. drinking to blot out pain is an excuse and an escape and not healthy.

please, don't take her blame-shifting on-board...she drinks because she is a drinker...simple. they will use every excuse in the universe to explain why they drink.

the reality is that life is difficult for all of us but we do not drink until we are passed out in the bathroom.

naive