View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 08:46 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Dallying402

Update on Jack

Originally Posted by nodaybut2day View Post
How are you today Dallying?
Thanks for asking nodaybut2day!

***UPDATE ON JACK*****My bipolar sister was recently admitted into a hospital for a manic (high euphoric) episode. She wanted to see Jack so he accompanied me. That was a major help from him. Jack was also very shaken up from the visit.

I got really sick that night and he pretty much decided to think it was all in my head (after seeing my sister). I ended up taking myself to the hospital while he got ready for work. It was very important for him to be on time because his managers already warnedhttp://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/images/customMenu/step_right.jpg him if he has another unexcused absence, he will be fired. That day, he started calling me to apologize for how he acted because he wasn't thinking clearly. I told him via text:

"I don't care if you broke your leg or you lost your job. I don't want to be around anyone who reacts this way under any kind of stress. Just leave me alone."

The next day, while I was visiting my sister at the hosp, he called me and told me he didn't break his leg but HE WAS FIRED. He lost his job of 6 years... We officially severed our relationship (hopefully) that night.

I feel really bad for the Jack. He must be really depressed right now. I still care for him and I am hoping to be there for him as a friend. Is this a good idea? How should I go about doing this?

My friend tells me everyone will have their own problems entering a relationship. The decision is how I deal with them.

For those wondering about my parents, they don't really take care of me anymore. :-/ I've been on my own since I graduated from HS and moved to NYC for college.