View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 12:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
DayTrader
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by shaun00 View Post
grateful alcoholic....ooohhhh yeah....because it led me to a solution that filled the hole instead of booze.....a loving god.

just me i guess........but its why im grateful......it just so happens im an alcoholic.
Heh... that reminded me of going to a meeting early in recovery and they'd ask "who's got a step?" I'd sit there and hoooooooope someone would throw out a low # so I could have a shot at saying something I thought was intelligent.

Sure enough, some smartypants would say, "Let's talk about gratitude." Everyone would cheer......and say what a great idea......how wonderful!!!....Oh, gratitude is SUUUUCH a good idea to talk about.

I'd just sit there, roll my eyes and think "Great, here comes a pack of lies from all these dopes! There's really not much to be grateful for 'round here other than I'm NOT in jail...kinda (but this place FEELS like jail sometimes).....right now!"

Then I'd sit and pray they'd come to me near the end so I'd have the time to make up a list of things that would sound good to the ppl there - or maybe I'd just listen to one of the liars talk and spin something off of what he said that would sound good....

I hated that I wasn't grateful, I hated lying that I was, and I didn't have the courage to tell the truth.....

You'd think maybe I have a dilemma with "lack of power" or sumthin..........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.