Thread: Worlds Apart
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 02:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
skippernlilg
Skipper

Worlds Apart

Thank you for all your help during the last week. This is an excellent resource, and you are all very experienced people. I appreciate this.

Just reading some of the situations around the world is helping me.

I'm in a spot, for sure. RABF, who has not had a drink in 6 days, is now acting as if his sobriety is the Final Destination. I was over the whole resentment thing about other drunks. I thought...maybe...?

The problem I'm experiencing now is with RABF. He thinks now that he's not drinking, he's treating me great. In my mind, he's short of the mark. I think that I'm finally voicing the needs I've had all along and he finds them impossible. He tells me that no matter what he does, I will never be happy with him. I tell him that my values were always there, I just never used my voice. Now I am, and he tells me I'm totally insane.

Is there ever going to be a place we can speak the same language, again. We used to be able to finish each other's sentences. Now, I feel worlds apart.

He is not attending AA. He is making strides, and I can see them, to participate in the family relationship more actively. He's not hiding in his bottle anymore. Today. I tell him that's great, but I'm not falling all over myself congratulating him. I think that's what he needs. I can't provide that need to him.

What can I do?