Thread: My Resentment
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 06:44 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Thumper

Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
Hi Skipper!

I remember a reading in Courage to Change that described resentments as "premeditated expectations". I had to chew on that one for a while.

I believe it is true in my case. I can usually look back now over resentments and see that I had "expected certain things" to unfold as I thought best, and when they did not........I was consumed with resentment. Still am today.
This is exactly my problem. Then I'd try different, harder, more, longer, spin my wheels - and build up even more resentments. A decade later it was a mountain.

I no longer feel resentment towards my ex. I have let that go. I'm not at empathy and don't even feel like moving towards empathy. Alcoholics have their world and they can live in it and I have mine and I'll try with all my soul to keep them seperate. I have no desire to attend any open AA meetings. My friend told me I should change careers and go back to counseling (which is what I have my degree in) since I have some life experience now. Um, no. Me as an abuse counselor would not be a good thing.

Originally Posted by skippernlilg View Post
I made some serious big steps in the future of my career today and in my community involvement. I'm diving in, and I'm pretty excited.
Excellent news! Congratulations!!