Old 10-05-2010, 04:03 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Kmber2010

Pink, I'm glad you posted and are sharing with us.

There is not judgement from me as I am alcoholic and I know too well how powerless I was to the bottle.

I am pregnant and I do not drink. Why? Well....I could read every horror story and statistic under the sun and it wouldn't help me. I lived and probably would've died by the bottle had I not said I am better then this and I won't let this destroy my life. Had I not come here and reached for support. Will power only got me to put down the drink but support is what has changed my life.

I got into recovery before I got pregnant. It was a surprise miracle and while I had been sober for a few months before I found out....I have been tested. Oh I have faced many a challenge prior to and during this pregnancy. Pregnancy can bring out some pretty yucky things like anxiety, etc. but none of which are worth drinking for. Nothing is ever better with alcohol.

You have 2 beautiful weeks sober....this is your time! You can't undo the past but you can definitely change your future and that of your baby. There are many options available to you for recovery....whether it be a meeting or counseling, etc.

Use this sober time and build on it. You need now the tools and the lifestyle to achieve healthy positive living and believe me....I no longer even think about drinking.

I am all about taking any positive steps to ensure my continued sobriety. I find that every day I find something new or I handle things just a bit better. It really is a blessing.

Huggs and stay the course. Perhaps we could create a thread for us and other women who are pregnant to provide support.