View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 02:39 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

Jadmack, perhaps this is the drunk lawyer someone's AH consulted (sorry i don't remember who)

Welcome Dallying.
It sucks and its very sad. Its baffling.
But, you don't get the "good man" only, it comes with Mr Hyde. And that Mr Hyde is not acceptable plain and simple.

I broke up with an ex like that, 2 years ago. You know what he said to me last time I tried to "land the plane gracefully"? "I will keep drinking until the last day of my life".

And 2 years ago that is exactly what he has done, and continues to do.

Alcoholics can manage to keep a job........ now, can manage to do sports......... now, can manage to appear normal.... now. (Well after that email he doesn't appear healthy to me anymore)

Here you learn there is progression, and consequences always catch up with them (just like with anyone).

Depending on what you do or do not do now, you will also get consequences. Please be careful.

Also i believe they show a really nice self-or try-, so you are hooked to that and think twice before leaving. This supports their addiction.

Addiction means always having to say you are sorry à and finally, when being sorry is no longer good enough for others who have been repeatedly hurt by the addiction, addiction often means being sorry all alone.

Addiction, Lies and Relationships

Being sorry is not enough.

You know what, i have received apologies, and have thought about me: I DON'T usually need to apologize, because I know what respect means. And when I have to apologize its not that often.

Someone is apologizing over and over? RED FLAG.

Where is your dad , if you don't mind me asking. ? Have you talked to your family about this guy?