Thread: My Resentment
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 02:00 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Jadmack25

Yes it is damned infuriating to see people getting applauded for doing what we think is normal behaviour. I felt dumbfounded, that some got a pat on the back, for NOT doing something they had done for 20 or so years. Hello, what took you so long to get it?

Then there were the Hot Gospellers....those who could not even discuss the weather without delivering a homily on AA, and their sobriety, etc.

I even steamed up at the word "relapse" and "fell off the wagon", thinking what wishy washy words for making such a total stuff up of your life, yet again. No, I was not a happy camper when I first had contact with AA. Full of bitter resentment and would have happily knee-capped a few AA members at that time.

Of course none of them knew my feelings, and the only one who paid was me...with high stress and making myself even sicker.

You do get some "over the top" folks, 13 steppers, holy Joe's, dry drunks and weirdos in AA, just as you do in any organization or group of people, secular, sporting, professional or religious.

Heck, I see some at church.....and some probably count me among them.

I really don't give a toss how an A works his/her program or what they say or do.....as long as it keeps them off their DOC, gives them a life and stops them making my life a misery, driving into my car or mugging me for money.

How they handle their business is none of mine.
How I handle my business is ALL mine.