Thread: Need advice
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 05:55 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Corkie

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
When it finally dawns on them that you are serious, they really start to get upset, and will come to you with all these admissions and confessions, tears and sob stories, and claims that you are their soul mate, the ONLY one for them, "we are meant to be," etc, etc. Prepare yourself for that and strengthen your resolve to not fall for the manipulations.
I've already been there and done that with him. The past 2 years have been break ups and him begging for another chance. Claiming I'm his soul mate and that we are meant to be together! I used to think "Gosh, if he believes that so much then maybe we ARE soul mates, and maybe I should give this another shot!"
NO MORE! I do not believe in soul mates anymore. I believe that I can find a loving, trust worthy man to share my life with. He could be anyone! There are no soul mates. We choose the life we want, we choose our partners.
I am SO OVER all of this! Over him!
I used to be fearful of being single and alone with 4 kids, with no emotional support or no real friend to turn to, which is partly why I kept going back. I do not have this fear anymore. I have 4 of the most funny, and fun to be with kids ever. I talk and laugh with them everyday. I get cuddles and hugs when I need them. I do not need a man. And I certainly do not need a man who lies and continues to drink.

Stick a fork in me, lol, for I AM DONE!!!!!