View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 09:06 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
FormerDoormat
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I know my earlier response initially seemed a bit obscure, so I'll elaborate more. The first item that made me think of the list I posted for you was the fact that after only five months in the relationship he is pressuring you to move forward quite fast, and in such a creepy and manipulative way. In his e-mail where he described spending an inordinate time looking at you made me feel that he thinks of you more as a shiny new possession than as a person. He meant it to sound romantic; to me it depersonalized you and sounded seriously obsessive.

For some reason, his e-mail to you really revved up my creep-o-meter. Usually when that happens to me it means that there are subtle notes and underpinnings in his words/actions that I can't initially put my finger on, but my inner voice is alerting me to take notice.

These days, I trust my inner voice. I believe your inner voice is alerting you to take notice, too, and that's why you joined this forum. Very smart move on your part.

I said it before and I'll say it again, this guy thinks he's smart and he went to great lengths to convince you of that in his e-mail, but you're definitely smarter than he is. That's why you're here asking questions.