View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 08:34 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
nodaybut2day

Hi again evenkeel...

I just wanted to speak to the notion that alcohol is a problem in your relationship...let's focus and restate: It's a problem FOR YOU.

She's going to do what she's going to do. She's an alcoholic and she's going to choose the drink before anything.

I think there's another issue at hand here: the fact that you feel you don't deserve better than what your wife is giving you right now. You mentioned a past abusive relationship that you escaped. It seems to me that you need to reflect on why you seem to choose unhealthy codependent relationships. This is definitely something that could be discussed in counselling, and that you could perhaps journal on.

Through journaling and counselling and Al-Anon, I discovered that ALL of my personal relationships were codependent to some extent. I did a massive "spring cleaning" of my acquaintances and friends, and started fresh with those I couldn't really get rid of. I set boundaries, I removed myself from situations that were uncomfortable or toxic for me. I'm still working on it...

Keep reading and posting. I think you're making some progress already!