View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 05:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
evenkeel

Originally Posted by BuffaloGal View Post
Your refusal to go out drinking with her or keep an eye on her anymore freed her from an artificial constraint. My guess is you did help the situation; you stopped fighting a battle that you couldn't win.
For sure. I've resolved that I will no longer go with her to the bars unless it's for a specific family gathering. It stinks, because the people she goes out with otherwise are my friends also and I don't get to see them anywhere else, but for my refusing to go with her to do any good I feel like I have to cut it out completely. I realized that *I* don't need or want alcohol in my life, so why should I let it especially when all I get in return is more grief from her? Does that sound like I think I'm a better person than her? I don't, it's just owning up to a belief and standing on it. Who knows what the consequences will be, mostly in the area of her propensity to cheat, but if my extensive family court experience has taught me anything it's "make the policy and deal with the problems if they come around".