View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 10:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
littlefish

AH stopped by for a few minutes to talk, and I somehow managed to talk to him without crying and yellling. I told him that while I hate the things he's done, I still love him and have hope that he can one day join our family again. I said that I'm going to do my best to detach from him and try to heal myself, and that if was serious about rebuilding our marriage he would prove it to me by his actions, but until that point I was no longer able to live with active alcoholism in my life, and with the disrespect he has given to our marriage. I told him that I'll hold off on filing any papers for a few months until we've both had some time to evaluate where we want to go from here. He's still not ready to talk about the tough stuff yet, but did say that he wants to be a family again and intends to work the steps this time instead of just going through the motions of attending meetings.
I am so sorry you are going through this. But you are a strong and sensible person because you made very wise choices there. It is a very good idea for you to detach and heal yourself. And, he definitely needs to work on his sobriety. It sounds like the "sobriety" he had before was just going through the motions.
Just curious why he is going to mandatory AA meetings? Does he have a dui violation?