Old 09-30-2010, 02:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JTS

Divorcing after 16 years any input welcome

My wife has been sober 12 years, we have been together 18 years, it recently came to my attention that she cheated on me during our engagement and after our marriage while drinking " not by her admission" and not once but several times with several people the one time I knew of I forgave her, but still this threw a deep rift in our relationship, I decided to stay with her, but we were never really close after that, in fact our marriage has been hanging on by a thread since. When I confronted her with this new information she refused to discuss it and all I got was............"I was sick", and "thats alcoholic thinking...me,me,me" While I understand the alcoholic thinking, her lack of remorse or admission of any wrong doing, or willingness to come clean was the last straw for me. To make matters worse when confronted she began accusing me of having a affair with a girl who is a friend..........not a girlfriend. I am a forgiving person and have been through the wringer in this relationship, but I see no future in this marriage if honesty is not an option with her. So I am going to be filing for divorce when she finishes school, anyones input is much appreciated.