View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 01:12 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

I totally get you LTD and SoloMio and agree. I see what you guys are saying as the highest level of detachment. (Although, IDK, maybe there is more detachment around the corner for me?) I have also gotten to the point that I realize I came into this world alone, I am going out of this world alone, and really, if I think about it, I am actually living my life alone.

For so long (so many decades of tears and angst) I tried to force people to BE with me in a way that no one could deliver, and yes, I agree, that was some form of possessiveness or ownership based, maybe, out of the fear of being alone. And I do also have a slight problem referring to anyone in the romantic sense as "mine." Though I have no problem referring to my parents, brothers, aunts, uncles, cousins as "my ___."

About the original topic of open relationships, what's the point of SAYING you are committed to someone if your ACTIONS don't match what you say? Sounds like disrespect and abuse to me, with which I am all too familiar so No Thanks. If you don't want to commit, then don't.