Thread: Update!!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 01:30 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Lizzaayy

also in regards to my baby shower, my x's aunt and his younger sister (15) are coming. i spoke with the aunt today.
((aunt and her husband are very successful, kind, SOBER people. sister is as well.))
when i was on the phone with her i said, "i hope i can call you when i go into labor so you can be in the hospital."
her response was, "well, i hope (x) can go too. he really wants to be there for you and the baby."
(she and her husband raised him for most of his life. and have experienced his addiction themselves)
so, i suppose he has been "quacking" to her about how he is sober and doing his best and all that utter nonsense.
i have not heard from him in goodness knows how long. that means he's using.

anyway, i told her i don't know as i haven't been speaking to him. and moved on to talk about something else. she got the hint, and the conversation ended on good terms.

my boundaries are firm, and i will not falter: no one that has shown me i can not trust them comes into contact with my son unless they prove to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that they do not have drugs in their system.

i wonder if i should disinvite her from the shower, or if that would be too rash. i don't know. other than that, we get along quite well. though i haven't spoken to her much, either, since this whole drama started.