View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 11:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
akrasia

So he's a bit freaked out that I'm not mad. When he woke I said, "Do you want to call your counsellor?" and he said no. He said he was going out for tea (supper). And I don't even need Naive to translate that for me!

I was all calm. "Okay, see you later." He looked a little shocked.

He was still talking about going on our trip tomorrow (we have train tickets to go out to Scarborough till Sunday) but he probably won't even be sober in the morning. I have a plan of taking the car and driving to the next town in the morning, setting up in a cute cafe and getting a good chunk of work done while he does whatever the heck it is he's going to do.

While he's been out this evening I've been doing a bit of writing, submitted three stories to three different journals and anthologies. It'll be hard to sleep without listening for the front door, but I'll do my best. I'm sleeping in the guest room.

I just have to be like a shark: keep moving. If I stop and think about any of this I'll be lost. The fact is the alcohol thing is a big insoluble pain in the [redacted][redacted][redacted], but he himself is the most erudite and thoughtful man I've ever known, and his flesh is as dear to me as my own.