View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 10:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JenT1968

I've just had to google the term "walkaway wife" having never heard it before.

It's a syndrome!

characterised by a wife who finding her emotional needs within a marriage communicates that, gets the brush-off, perhaps repeatedly and then understanding that she can't make someone else change their behaviour, and get her needs met within this relationship, makes a plan to leave and does it, perhaps not immediately.

the husband, is blissfully unaware that his wife's communications about being unhappy are a sign that she is unhappy, and is then "blindsided" when she actually leaves, at that point, promising to "change".

where-upon, a marriage counsellor steps in, sees a) "confused" husband and b) wife who is leaving the marriage and despite all the therapists efforts she cannot be dissuaded:

therapist can't fix it = syndrome.
how long before this is a personality disorder? a dis-ease is born.....
what a load of b*ll*cks.

I love labels.

his behaviour has reached a level that became unacceptable to you, this shone a light on your interactions, this is what happens in human relationships, we bumble along, until we are pulled up short, and think hey! is this what I want? you've communicated your difficulties, he has promised to address them, but crucially hasn't in any adult, ongoing way. some time to process your feelings sounds a good idea, whatever the outcome.