Old 09-28-2010, 07:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
BurningChrome

Hey G-Girl, it will take time... I used to build R/C airplanes from scratch, I have 3/4 of a 2 meter sailplane wing half built upstairs in my "hobby room", have not touched it in over a year. Used to play the banjo, haven't touched it in over 2 years.... Sigh... As I feel my life get more "solid", I will slowly roll back into my old hobbies and interests and hopefully find some new ones. But yeah, I know what you are saying, the times I used to drink, especially when my wife was away for a few days at a time and I had the "opportunity" (what an odd choice of words!) to go on a 2-3 day bender, those times now are just a void in my life and are my biggest challenges. When that happens these days, I call what friends I have left and plan on having them over and cooking a good meal (I am still a good cook :-) and having some good conversation... Have a stack of books I want to read and am working thru those, etc... Just give yourself time and most of all, be gentle with yourself, both your brain and body have been thru a pretty rough patch!
Best regards and wishes,
..Mike