View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 08:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hurtbad2505

It just gets worse and worse

AS calls me this morning. Seems his gf didn't hear the alarm this morning and he missed his dose at the Methadone Clinic. Of course he has a friend with some 'bottles' for sell, but he doesn't have any money. Well, that sucks as last Friday you had $500 in the bank and just got paid over $250 last Thursday. He says, I know you don't give a **** and won't 'lend' me any money though. Yeah, you have that right...no money here. He says, well I guess I will have to scheme some money so I'm not sick all day. Just told him 'good luck with that' and he is like 'yeah, thanks for caring'..

Guess I just needed to write this out to squash the old feeling of guilt, that would have in the past had me giving him the money just so he wouldn't use today. Thing is, now I know that even if I did give him money it would likely not be spent on methadone, but heroin...

Ugh..I keep waiting for him to hit bottom or for God to put someone in his path that will help him FINALLY get out of this cycle for good, but I find myself getting discouraged when that doesn't seem to be in the near future.

So I come here to read the success stories and the struggles that make me feel not so alone in this.

Asking for prayers from those of you who pray. Please pray that my son and all the addicts we love find direction soon, and that we who love them find peace knowing they are in God's loving hands if they would only realize it..