Old 09-26-2010, 05:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kassie2

This has also been a tough subject for me and I think it needs to be tough - that is the point of a piece of paper. Having voiced that - there are obviously other things to consider. Depending on what your values are, I think you know when it is time to let go.

I like what "yesbutno" said about what we each want in common doesn't match. He wants to drink and have a good life with me giving him his own way all the time with no disagreements. Gee, I think I would like someone who gave me everything I wanted without any hassles too. Can you find me that person?

I do very much think that your sadness is about the loss of the wishes, hopes and dreams that we all have at our weddings. I recall going to my first alanon meeting and telling them that I was there to mourn the loss of my wishes, hopes and dreams. I got a huge response of acknowledgement from everyone there. I think that is the heart of the matter.

I personally avoid love stories and weddings right now. But when feeling do something for you - this summer I sat outside a lot, I found old tv shows on the internet that are no longer on tv and made me laugh, I found free internet radio to listen to older music that gets my blood moving, and rediscovered fiction at the library and my son bought me an indoor grill to encourage eating healthy.