Old 09-26-2010, 05:21 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
transformyself
I Love Who I Am

I was raised to speak my mind, and, I do. My problem is tempering my responses, especially to other women. The lady who has the eternal maternal mother syndrom, who treats her adult children and husband like children, I always struggle with not opening my big mouth and saying "What are you thinking?"

As for my emotional state, that I can usually control. I learned how to when I worked with all men in corporate america. I had to stand nose to nose with them, and, take a non emotional approach to my job, and, as the years went by, it became part of my personal life too. Really don't know if that is good or bad, but, it is what it is.

Dolly, I"m a business owner-myself and my partner are both women-in a male dominated industry and it's very interesting to watch the dynamics in meetings, business dealings, etc. I've been told the same thing-in 2010-that I think and act like a man. Of course, it's said while looking at my boobs but I set very clear boundaries and keep working.

My business partner is an emotional mess and it's really getting on my nerves. I think she's a detriment to our business, as she will get all worked up and cry instead of take action. I hate it, having to calm her down, listen to her BS until she's over it and can get back to work.