View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 08:39 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
jd585

Thanks to everyone for your support, information and sharing of stories!

Freebuthurting….thank you! Yours was the post about it being her fault w/ the drinking…I was merely restating it for myself…if there was offense I was the one that should apologize for my lack of clarity

coyote21….I am still in the fact finding stage AA is not in my game at the moment. I am considering a keylogger, since she closes all browser windows when I come in the home office area. I purchased a video camera w/ audio today @ a flea mkt. I have decided to follow her on her trips to get “lottery tickets”.

Yesbutnobut…I paid off all that debt she accumulated when my youngest daughter left. I have tried to control her spending by only giving her so much money for her checking account. This was a complete change from our previous arrangement.

I can understand a shopping compulsion, but even with that there would still be something to show for the money…like clothes, jewelry, appliances, new car…just something.. we have nothing to show for all that money…absolutely nothing …can’t understand where it went

It is not a question of a ”deal breaker”…it is simply that I have to consider the most important item and that is TIME, I simply do not have enough TIME left to be able to put away enough money for retirement, IF she goes off the deep end again, quite simply I would have to live off SS mainly and that is not acceptable to me.

Still Waters…yes, I have discussed numerous times with her about the spending but nothing changes.

Need some info I have not found here yet..

Can alcohol change the body aroma of an alcoholic?

Does the alcoholic have problems with constantly scratching themselves? (all over including private areas)

Can alcohol cause infections?

Does the alcoholic have frequent and severe headaches? Even inside home.