View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 08:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
PickYourselfUp

First, I want to thank you all soo much for your support. It was therapeutic just for me to write. I really appreciate reading all of your stories. I get strength from those stories, and my story isn't done yet.

Arrangements for AH to live elsewhere have been made, and the plane ticket bought. I have spoken with her housemate about what she is up against, and she is well prepared. They are starting with clear boundaries, and my AH will have to take city transportation (she's not used to that...).

Personally, I hope the forced independence works wonders for her. However, I have been to this dance before and it somehow ends at midnight.

She has wanted to "discuss" her leaving several times. Mainly, she rants or cries about how it isn't fair to her and won't help her recovery.

I replied with "this is about my recovery and you facing the consequences of your own actions. I'm not going to change my mind on this and there is nothing left to discuss."

Normally, I wouldn't even want to "discuss" my decision, but I wanted her to know just how dead serious this is to me and I have outgrown her manipulations. She is devilishly clever though... It is up to me to remain vigilant.

The flight is tomorrow. I'm sure she has a few more tricks up her sleeve beforehand.

Wish me luck. I'll certainly need it.