Thread: In purgatory...
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 05:21 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Yogagal

I attended another Al-Anon meeting last night and got a solid 8 hours of sleep. I feel refreshed and much more empowered than I did a few days ago. Realization that I like to control situations but cannot always do so has helped. A close friend also put things in perspective for me, reminding me that I needed time and space away from her a few years ago. The more she pushed me, the more I pushed her away. If wasn't because I don't love her, I just needed time to deal with feelings that didn't go away overnight.

I'm not saying I have done wrong in this relationship, but knowing what I know, I could have handled the situation that sparked this break differently, in a way that didn't make him feel like I was setting him up for failure. I am strong enough to back away and give him the time he needs because I feel it will ultimately give me more clarity about the relationship. I am hopeful that we become closer... because that's what I want. And that's all I can control. The serenity prayer must be a daily reminder of that.

Today is all about ME... a yoga workshop and dinner with good friends. The cell phone is staying at home! Tomorrow morning, I will re-visit my favorite Al-Anon group.

I wish you all a wonderful Saturday and continued strength in dealing with this disease. Again, thank you for this safe space.