Thread: Hey guys
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 11:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rich47

Hey guys

Hi everyone, I saw this site and thought I should post a little about my drinking.

I have known it has been a problem for a while now, but I have finally decided to go to a program in rehab for about 8 weeks.

I'm 27 now but I have been drinking since I was about 18. I only use to drink with friends every now and then, but I would drink quite a bit eg half a bottle or so of whiskey. In 2005 I went to see a friend in Townsville, Australia. We had a lot of fun and spent ALOT of money drinking.

I found that when I got back home, I needed to drink more and have ever since gotten worse and worse. I have done crazy things from crashing my motorbike to face planting to jumping through my bedroom window and having the police look for me.

Just recently, I had a 375ml bottle of spirits then a full bottle of spirits and another one that morning. My mother found my on the ground going blue and had no response as I was way too drunk. I had about 50 standard drinks in less than 20hrs, the police came around because an ambulance wasn't available apparently I was ok and not violent, I'm normally never violent anyways while drinking..

I have hit rock bottom and I wanted to share my experience with you. I know I can recover and have a wonderful life. Anyway thanks for reading.

Richard