View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 08:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
HurtingAgain

Originally Posted by Live View Post
Heck no, he shouldn't be living scot-free.
Begin the process to get child support and maintenance monies.
He does have responsibilities and those things ARE your business.
How he goes about screwing up his life and friendships with drinking buddies are not.
To clarify, he is still depositing his paycheck in our joint account (although it's a race for me to pay the bills before he runs out of spending money and dips back into the account, causing me to bounce checks) so he's not technically living scot-free, but he is living free of any other family responsibilities and not paying rent at his new "bachelor pad."

I honestly don't care that he's going to screw up his relationships with his friends, I actually hope that it happens now because each time someone else gets wise to him it's one less person he can lean on for sympathy. But I'm terrified that he's going to get a DUI, lose his job, or even kill someone while he's out there driving around, and all those things definitely are my business because we can lose our retirement pension, our medical insurance, our house, etc. because of his actions.

I'm still not at the stage where I'm ready to serve the divorce papers, although I hope I can get there soon if necessary. But in the meantime it's so hard to define the line between interfering with his recovery and protecting my own self-interest.