Old 09-22-2010, 11:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
MichelleAL

Can I ask why you want him to be seen by a doctor?
First and foremost I want his depression treated. I am truly afraid he could commit suicide, and I realize nothing will improve until his depression does.

that's a difficult one Michelle. It sounds like anything you try to do out of the ordinary chores you do every day will rock the boat and you don't want to disturb the children or lose patients. I can understand.

I hope you figure out something to do.

Does he go to church with you, or is he bored with churchy stuff?
No he does not go to church, he's an atheist and sees it as confrontational that I go to church. I told him before we had kids that I wanted them to go to church and he agreed. My faith has also helped me tremendously, but I can not discuss it with him or go to often as that drives a wedge between us.

I do try not to rock the boat, because to divorce would seriously hurt my children. I have no money, no IRA or pension. He has savings but it's probably in his name. He earns a very modest salary for an MD (he's a pediatrician) and we can only afford our modest house now. We have no credit card debt or car loans and still struggle every month. I'm afraid if I had to rely on child support that the kids and I wouldn't make it. I'm a nurse but haven't worked except for husband in 15 yrs. If I could get a job, I don't think it would be enough for the girls and I to live off of and pay for college for both. My oldest is going in 2 yrs.

I grew up in a divorced family and know to well that too many dads 'don't support their children.