Old 09-22-2010, 10:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
MichelleAL

That's very curious?? Why every 3 months?
I don't know why. Maybe some sort of cyclical depression thing? The rages are just verbal.

Does he not see that his drinking/rage/suicidal thoughts/ cause a problem at all in your relationship?
Yes, like most alcoholics he's very sorry the next day and decreases the amt he drinks for a short period of time. He know it affects us, and even acknowledges that our marriage may not last, that he may leave, but that's not due to his depression or drinking but due to me changing (can't say how I've changed except that I go to church regularly) and our lack of anything in common-not sure how you can have anything in common with someone who has no interests except drinking.

He refuses to see someone for depression because he doesn't think he's depressed, just miserable because of ? and that the misery is a direct result of his horrible life.

His life isn't horrible. He owns his own practice, makes good money but there is stress with this. I feel like I treat him well. I work for him and decrease his workload greatly, I basically do all the things he hates about his job-charting etc. I cook great meals, offer to go on dates etc. We have 2 beautiful, smart successful daughters who've never given us any trouble.

He just sees things in shades of grey: bad and worse.